Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I like walking here

From left to right:Bengali Louboutin pumps, blue saten Manolo pumps (of course), Louboutin Ballet shoes, McQueen Armadillo shoes and Highness Louboutin peep toes. 


 These shoes have been created by three fashion icons that show us that these elements of dressing come from a much deeper place than the need of protecting our feet. Season after season designers establish the length of the heel, the shape of the tip and even the colors that will attire our feet for a brief amount of time, but, lucky for us in our age we get to choose to where and how we want to arrive. As soon as I fall in love with a pair of shoes I imagine to which places I could take them, the ground they will step in, how fast they will take me and with who. Shoes make us dream about the life we want as much as the substance of dreams that inhabited the mind of their creators, the one that inspired them to give birth to such marvellously dreamy pieces of cult. Carrie Bradshaw chose shoes every time there was an important event in her life, I get fascinated by the idea of being able to do that, of feeling powerful and owner of the world in a pair of heels high enough, or feeling dreamy while running holding someone’s hand in a pair of flat ballerinas. Shoes are inspired by different times, places and stories, choose always the ones that inspire you to write one. 

Estos zapatos han sido creados por tres íconos de la moda que nos demuestran que estos elementos de la vestimenta vienen de un lugar mucho más profundo que el de la necesidad de proteger nuestros pies. Temporada tras temporada se establece la longitud del tacón, la forma de la punta e incluso los colores que ataviarán a nuestros pies durante un breve periodo de tiempo, pero, afortunadamente en esta época podemos darnos el lujo de elegir a donde y cómo queremos llegar. En cuanto me enamoro de un par de zapatos me imagino a que lugares podrían llevarme, el suelo que pisarán, en qué velocidad y con quien. Los zapatos nos hacen soñar sobre la vida que queremos llevar tanto como la sustancia de los sueños que habitó en la mente de sus creadores para concebir piezas de culto tan maravillosamente oníricas. Carrie Bradshaw elegía zapatos siempre que había un suceso importante en su vida, me fascina la idea de poder hacerlo, de sentirme poderosa y dueña del mundo en un par lo suficientemente alto o bien correr de la mano de alguien en un par de ballerinas. Los zapatos están inspirados en diversas épocas, latitudes e historias, escoge siempre los que más te inspiren a escribir una. 

 Meet three of my favourite pairs. 


 Conozcan a tres de mis pares favoritos.




I'm a true worshiper of (almost) all things golden, as soon as I saw these flat ballerinas i knew they would enhance my steps with their light and give a touch of magic to my everyday outfits. 

Soy una ferviente adoradora de (casi) todas las cosas doradas, en cuanto vi estos flats supe que embellecerían mis pasos con su luz y que darían un toque de magia a mis outfits diarios.




My beloved magenta peep toes, they are very high and make me feel preety, they also match perfectly with my dresses, the only problem with them is that one shoe is smaller than the other: I was in a rush, I didn't noticed and I couldn't wait to wear them, even though I find it a little difficult to walk in them (even more if you're in the edge of a fountain). When I took these photographs people were looking like I was such a weirdo, but isn't that the wonderful part of life and fashion, getting yourself and others out of the routine and never cease to amaze? 

 Mis amados "peep toe" magenta, son muy altos y me hacen sentir bonita, también combinan a la perfección con mis vestidos, el único problema con ellos es que un zapato es más chico que el otro:estaba apresurada, no me di cuenta y no pude esperar a usarlos, aunque ahora encuentre un poco difícil caminar con ellos (aún más si estás parada en el borde de una fuente). Cuando tomé estas fotografías la gente me veía como si estuviera loca, pero, ¿no es eso lo que hace maravillosa a la vida y a la moda, sacarte a ti y a los demás de la rutina y nunca dejar de sorprender?




Finally, my newest treasure found at the summer sales, these leather wedges embellish everything.
Hope that you like my vision of shoes and that yours take you to magical places. 

Finalmente, my más nuevo tesoro encontrado en las rebajas de verano, estos "wedges" de cuero lo embellecen todo.
Espero que les guste mi visión de los zapatos y que los suyos los lleven a lugares mágicos.


 Golden ballerina flats from Zara
   Magenta peep toes from Zara
 Black leather wedges from Zara





 I DO NOT OWN THE IMAGES OF THE COLLAGE  OF SHOES, MY SHOES PHOTOGRAPHS WERE TAKEN BY ME, PLEASE USE WITH PROPER CREDIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment